Pages

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Beauty Steals

Ulta recently had one of their "21 Days of Beauty" events, and I was able to pick up a few of the items that were on my wishlist.

Clarisonic Replacement Brush Heads - Sensitive


I will admit that buying brush heads is not my favorite way to spend my money.  But, I do like using my Clarisonic Mia to ensure that my skin is really clean.  So...I bought two of the brush heads for sensitive skin, as they were buy one get one free.

Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes Mascara

 


I think that this is my favorite of all of the beauty steals that I was able to get my hands on.  I have used Tarte's Lights, Camera, Flashes mascara before, and I liked it, but I wasn't crazy about the brush, as I am not a big fan of the plastic or silicon mascara brushes.  So, when I got the chance to try the Lights, Camera, Lashes mascara for half price, I was really excited!  This mascara has a traditional bristle brush that really helps to separate my lashes.  The formula is lengthening as well as thickening and I love how it makes my lashes look.  If you get a chance to try this mascara, do it; you won't be sorry!

Too Faced Shadow Insurance

 


I've never tried anything from Too Faced before, but I have heard good things about this eye shadow primer.  The price was really good, so I purchased it, knowing that I won't be using it until I am done with my current primer (Urban Decay Primer Potion). 

Urban Decay Naked Skin Beauty Balm - Medium


I have a couple of eyeshadow palettes from Urban Decay's Naked line, and I love them.  So, when I had a chance to purchase the Naked Skin Beauty Balm at half price, I was intrigued.  I actually had to call four Ulta stores to find one that had the medium shade in stock, so I was pretty excited to try this.  Sadly, I am rather disappointed with this BB cream.  I know that it isn't going to give the same type of coverage as foundation, but when I put this on, I feel like it is putting on any other non-tinted face lotion.  I like that it has a slightly minty scent, and that it has SPF 20, so I will continue to use this BB cream as my daily face cream, and put foundation over it for some coverage.

Overall, I am happy with the products I was able to get my hands on during this event.  I wanted to try the Anastasia Tinted Brow Gel, but by the time I was able to get to the store after work, they were sold out of the color that I wanted.  I will be on the lookout for more deals the next time Ulta has one of these events.

xo,
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment