Pages

Saturday, October 25, 2014

Falling for Plum

Fall is a time when I really like to bring out some plum colors.  Winter, too.  Well, actually, I like them all year, but I especially like them in the Fall!  Here are a few of my favorite plums and purples.

Lips

Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Sugar Plum




I love the Lip Butters from Revlon, and this one is no exception.  Sugar Plum is a lighter plum shade that has pinky undertones to it.

 
It's really easy to wear and it is great for day time.  I frequently choose this one for work, as it adds a little color and it moisturizes my lips.

 

MAC Lipstick in Plumful



Plumful is one of MAC's Lustre lipsticks.  The lighting in this photo makes it appear to be more of a pink than it is in real life, but it is actually a very pretty mid-tone plum color.



This color is also really good for day time, but it works equally well for evening.  Plumful has a richer and deeper hue to it than Sugar Plum.  It's really beautiful on the lips.


MAC Lipstick in Rebel



Rebel is one of MAC's Satin finishes.  This is a deep, saturated color.


When Rebel is on the lips, it looks a little more purple than it does in the tube.  But it is a really beautiful color.  I like to wear this one in the evening because it has such a dramatic impact.

Cheeks

MAC Powder Blush in Breath of Plum




This blush is such a pretty color.  I would happily wear this every day of the year if I didn't want to change things up a bit with some brighter colors in the spring and summer.



This blush is a pinky plum and it looks lovely on my cheeks.  The color is easy to build up for a more intense look, although, I usually keep it pretty light and natural flush.

Eyes


Laura Mercier Artist 2 Palette

 


This palette was a limited edition available at Sephora in Fall 2013.  However, each of the three colors I'm highlighting here are available as single shadow colors. I had never tried eye shadow from Laura Mercier before I got this palette, but I would highly recommend them.  This is my favorite eye shadow palette that I own, slightly edging out Urban Decay.  The colors are beautiful and really pigmented.  They are buttery soft and blend with ease.  If you haven't tried eye shadow from Laura Mercier, it might be a nice little splurge!  My pick would be African Violet.

Laura Mercier Luster Eye Colour in African Violet



I mean it when I say that this is my favorite color in the entire palette!  It has clearly gotten a lot of use, as I hit pan on it months ago.  I was really happy to find out that this color is available as a single and wasn't limited edition.  African Violet adds a light shimmer of plum.  My favorite way to wear it is in the center of the lid, as it is light enough to use as a highlight to make my eyes appear bigger. 

 

Laura Mercier Matte Eye Colour in Plum Smoke



This is another color that has gotten a lot of love.  It is a matte color, so it looks great all over the lid as a base to build on.  The name does it justice, as it does have a smokey quality to it, although it is not too dark. 

 

Laura Mercier Sateen Eye Colour in Kir Royal



Don't be fooled by the lighting in this picture.  Kir Royal is a deep, dark plum.  A little goes a long way with this, as it is so soft and blendable.  It looks beautiful on the outer corners to create a smokey eye look.  This color does have a little fall out, so be on the lookout for that.

Overall, these three colors look amazing together to create a pretty, plummy eye look.

So, now you can see why I'm Falling for Plum!  What colors are you loving this Fall?

xo,
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment