Pages

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

In Search of the Perfect Brow - Maybelline Brow Drama

My eyebrows can use all the help that they can get, so I am constantly on the lookout for great brow products.  Unlike my hair, my brows are such a light blonde that they are almost impossible to see.  In addition, they are very sparse.  It's a brow double whammie, and not in a good way!

Part of my brow routine includes tinting them every 4-6 weeks.  This helps me to fill them in on a daily basis, because they are a little easier to see.  I'm currently using a brow pencil by Ofra, but I happened across a new product from Maybelline the last time I was at Ulta, so I had to check it out.

Maybelline Eyestudio Brow Drama in Soft Brown



According to Maybelline, their Brow Drama is a tinted gel mousse that will create a fuller, sculpted, natural finish.  The applicator is like a mascara wand with a ball on the end.


I tried the Brow Drama and found that it is a little messy to apply.  Although I tried to only apply the gel to my eyebrow hairs, I got some on the surrounding skin that I needed to clean up with a cotton swab.  I wouldn't mind this so much if it gave me really good coverage, but unfortunately, it left me wanting more.  I've tried applying it after I've filled my brows in with my pencil, and I like that it seems to define my brows a little more than with the pencil alone. 

I have yet to give in and try more expensive brands like Anastasia Beverly Hills, or Gimme Brow by Benefit.  I may just have to bite the bullet, though, to see how they perform. 

xo,
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment