Pages

Saturday, October 18, 2014

Ipsy Glam Bag: September 2014

I recently restarted my Ipsy Glam Bag subscription and this is the first bag I have received.  I know that Ipsy tries to differentiate itself from other monthly subscriptions by packaging all of their samples in a bag each month, but honestly, I would prefer to just have them sent in the pink, padded envelope, sans bag.  In my experience, some of the bags are cute, while others aren't really my taste, and most of them are too small for me to actually put them into service.  The result is that I end up with a collection of small bags that just takes up space in my bathroom cabinet.


The products included in this month's bag are:

Cailyn Art Touch Tinted Lip Gloss in Love Affair

 



This lip gloss is in a pretty shade of red that is more rosie when applied than it looks in the tube.  I'm looking forward to adding this color into my fall makeup looks.


Nourish Organic Moisturizing Cream Face Cleanser in Cucumber & Watercress

 


I haven't heard of this brand prior to receiving this sample.  According to the package, it contains aloe vera to cleanse "the skin without drying, irritating, or causing redness;" cucumber to "hydrate, soothe, and replenish skin;" and watercress which is "rich in antioxidants to protect skin from stress and fatigue."  I'm looking forward to trying this product soon, as I am almost done with my current facial cleanser.


Mitchell & Peach Luxury Hand Cream in Flora No. 1

 


To be quite honest, I don't tend to get overly excited about receiving samples of hand creams or lotions as I have so many either from beauty subscription boxes, gifts, and those that I have purchased myself.  This one from Mitchell & Peach isn't too sticky or greasy.  The Flora No. 1 scent smells mostly like lavender, although it isn't a strong scent, which is nice.

 

Pacifica Natural Eye Pencil in Gun Metal

 


This eye liner is in a soft gray color.  I tried swatching it on my hand and the point of the tip broke off.  It didn't seem to glide on as smoothly as I would like, but I haven't tried it on my eyes yet.  Similar to the hand lotion, I have received many eye liner samples over the years, so this one wasn't the most exciting product for me to receive.


Crown Brush C476 Crease/Shadow Brush

 


I'm always excited to receive a new brush!  I have heard of Crown Brush before, but never tried anything from this company.  This Crease/Shadow brush is very soft and I'm looking forward to using it.


I hope to be able to report soon about some of the products that I have received in this Ipsy Glam Bag.  I'm still on the fence about whether or not I want to keep this subscription, so I guess I will wait and see what comes next to help me make that decision.

xo,
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment