Pages

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Five Faves - October



It's hard to believe that November is upon us!  I thought I would share some of my favorite things from October.


Vichy Aqualia Thermal Dynamic Hydration Rich Cream

 


I received a sample of this cream in a Glossy Box at the beginning of this year.  I loved it so much, that this is my second full-sized jar.  My skin tends to be a little dry, and this cream from Vichy provides incredible moisture.  It feels so soothing to put it on, like my skin is drinking it in.  When I wake up in the morning, my skin still feels really soft and moisturized.  This cream works really well for me, but it might be a bit heavy for people that have oily skin.

 

Covergirl + Olay Tone Rehab 2-in-1 Foundation




I bought this on a whim when it was on sale on Amazon a couple of months ago.  I don't have any other foundations from Covergirl, so I made the best guess I could to select a color.  Fortunately, the color works really nicely with my skin.  I really like the coverage that this foundation gives me.  It does a pretty decent job of evening out my skin tone, though it is more of a medium coverage.  I've found that this product has pretty decent lasting power as well.  Although it is formulated with Olay, I find this foundation to be a little drying and leaves more of a matte than dewy finish.  This isn't as much of a concern for me when I've used my Vichy cream in advance.

First Aid Beauty Eye Duty Triple Remedy



This is a great eye cream from First Aid Beauty.  It has a light consistency that is easy to blend into the skin.  I don't really have an issue with puffiness, but I love the cooling sensation from using the metal tip to massage the cream in.  The cream is a salmon color to help counteract dark circles.


Sephora Collection Pro Allover Powder Brush #61



Lately I've started replacing some of my cheaper brushes with better quality brushes.  The Sephora Pro Collection brushes are amazing, especially this Allover Powder one.  It is really soft and dense.  This brush is also very large.  I love how it feels on my face and it distributes powder evenly.  It cleans up really well, although it takes a long time to dry!


Tarte Lights Camera Lashes Mascara



I know that I've already talked about this mascara in another post, but I just love it so much!  This mascara helps to lengthen my lashes and add fullness.  I like that it has a more traditional bristle brush, rather than a plastic or rubber brush.  I find that this type of brush works so much better for me to separate my lashes.  I am sad to report that after about two months it is starting to dry out.  I was hoping to get three to four months out of this mascara.

What things have you been loving lately?

xo,
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment