Pages

Saturday, November 15, 2014

Ipsy Glam Bag: October 2014



I must be really behind on talking about my Ipsy Glam Bag from October, as I received November's bag a few days ago.  At any rate, I thought I would share the contents of this bag. 

The bag itself is a quilted turquoise, and it's a little bigger than some of the bags I have received, so I may end up keeping this one. 

City Color Be Matte Lipstick in Cappuccino

 


This lipstick seems like a nice nude color.  I wasn't super excited about this item, mostly because I just purchased a matte lipstick from Bite Beauty in a very similar shade.  I may end up keeping the plastic on the package and give this lipstick to a friend. 

Figs & Rouge Nourishing & Soothing Hand Cream in Mango Mandarin

 


I think I've mentioned in another post that I'm generally not that excited about receiving samples of hand creams.  However, I have had a hand cream from Figs & Rouge in the past and really liked it.  This one smells wonderful with it's Mango Mandarin scent.  I like that the tube is so small because it fits well in my purse.  I also love the packaging; it's so vibrant and colorful!

Doll 10 H2Glo Highlighter/Illuminate in Champagne



I don't use highlighters very often, but this highlighter is a really pretty color.  When I do use a highlighter, I usually use Incandescent Light from my Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette.  I may give this one a try over the holiday season.  If it's not too sparkly, it might be a winner!

skyn ICELAND Glacial Cleansing Cloths

 


I was pretty excited to see a package of face wipes this month.  I use face wipes almost every night to take off my makeup.  They are just so convenient.  I have been trying different brands over the past few months, searching for the best wipes for my skin.  I'm looking forward to trying these wipes from skyn ICELAND.  I've never heard of this brand before, so I have no idea what they specialize in or how effective their products are.  Hopefully these face wipes will give me a little insight into the brand as a whole.


Model Co. Volumeyes Extreme Black Mascara

 


Mascara is a necessity for me, as my lashes are blonde.  I am always excited to try out mascaras that are new to me, so I am pretty happy about receiving this sample from Model Co.  I don't really have any experience with this brand, but if their mascara performs well, that is a good sign! 

Overall, this Ipsy Glam Bag was so so for me.  My favorite products were the facial wipes and the mascara.  I will post about my November bag soon, but, spoiler alert, I think I am going to cancel my Ipsy subscription.  Overall my experience with Ipsy has been really hit or miss, and I would rather use the $10 to just buy something that I actually want.  How do you feel about monthly beauty subscriptions?

xo,
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment