Pages

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Sephora VIB Sale - I did some damage!



At the end of last year, I attained VIB status at Sephora for the first time.  Ever since then, I have been waiting for the annual VIB sale in November.  To prepare for this sale, I have been saving up Sephora gift cards that I've earned using Swagbucks.  I made a list of products that I wanted to look at, and I leafed through Holiday catalog that I received last week, and dog-eared some pages!  So, after work on Thursday, I headed to the mall to take advantage of the sale.  I returned with a friend on Saturday.  And again on Monday.  So, without further ado, I present my VIB purchases!

Skin Care


1.  Ole Henrisken 3 Little Wonders Bonus Collection - I received a deluxe sample of the Truth Serum Collagen Booster a couple of years ago in a GLOSSYBOX, and I loved it.  I have thought about purchasing this serum and finally decided that this was a good time to pull the trigger.  This set includes the Truth Serum Collagen Booster, Invigorating Night Treatment, Sheer Transformation moisturizer, and African Red Tea Foaming Cleanser.

2.  First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream - I have been wanting to try this cream for months.  My skin is a little dry and it's sensitive, so I am hoping that this cream will be soothing when my skin is irritated.  I think it will be great to use during the winter when my skin is a little on the drier side.

3.  Clarisonic Replacement Brush Head Twin-Pack for Delicate Skin - I know that I just bought replacement brush heads in September, but I couldn't pass up saving money on something that I need to buy anyway.  I usually use the sensitive skin brush heads, but I decided to try the ones for delicate skin this time.

4.  Ole Henriksen The Clean Truth Cleansing Cloths:  Brightening - This was definitely a splurge item for me.  I love using face wipes to remove my makeup in the evening.  I have actually been trying different brands for the past few months, seeking out the best match for my skin.  I will add these into the mix, and post about the results.

Eye Shadow

5.  Too Faced Boudoir Eyes Soft & Sexy Eye Shadow Collection - This palette wasn't on my original wish list.  I have been thinking about the Too Faced Natural Eyes palette for a few months, but when I compared them side by side, I ended up liking this one better.  The colors are beautiful and their names are fun.  This set also comes with a How-To Glamour Guide for creating three different looks.  This is a small palette, so I think it will be really great for traveling.

6.  Laura Mercier Artist's Palette for Eyes & Cheeks - This palette is the one thing on my wish list that I wanted the most.  I mentioned in this post how much I love the Artist's Palette that I bought last year.  I was hoping that Laura Mercier would release a new palette this year and I wasn't disappointed.  This palette has warmer tones than last year's.  I like the variety of colors and feel like this will be really versatile.  The blush, Rosegold Shimmer, is really pretty.  My only (minor) complaint is that the two highlight colors (Vanilla Nuts & Morning Dew) are the same as in last year's palette; it might have been nice to have some new shades.

7.  Laura Mercier Luster Eye Colour in African Violet - I decided to buy an individual African Violet shadow as it is my favorite color in the Artist 2 Palette I bought last year.  As I mentioned previously, I have already hit pan on this shadow, so I thought that this would be a good time to buy a backup.  Unfortunately, I wasn't able to capture the true color of this shadow when I photographed it.  It really isn't pink, like it is showing up in this picture.

8.  Urban Decay Naked - The first Urban Decay that I bought was the Naked2 palette.  Then I proceeded to buy Naked3.  So, after lusting after the original Naked palette for almost three years, I finally bought it!  I am really excited about creating a multitude of eye looks with this classic.

Lips & Lashes

9.  Bite Beauty Mix N' Mingle Lip Minis Luminous Creme Lipstick Duo in Fig/Date - This lipstick prompted my second trip to the VIB sale.  I bought a Bite lipstick duo in Violet/Palomino a few months ago and I really like it.  The formula is super creamy and moisturizing.  Bite uses food-grade ingredients in their lip products, so I feel good about wearing them.  I'm excited to try out these lighter, more neutral colors. 

10.  Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes Mascara & Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara - I've already talked about the Tarte mascara here and here, so I won't go on about it again!  I also picked one up for my mom, so I hope that she likes it, too!  On a whim, I decided to give the Better Than Sex mascara a try.  I've heard good things about this mascara, and even though the name is a little silly, I am hoping that it will beautify my lashes.

I think it's safe to say that I'm glad this sale only comes once a year!  I wasn't really planning to buy so many things.  However, the 20% savings coupled with saved up gift cards helped me to get a lot for my money.  I know I went a little crazy with eye shadows.  I don't think that I will be longing to buy any more palettes for quite a long time, and I'm looking forward to experimenting with different color combinations.  I will give reviews for most of these products in future posts.  And now, it's time to start saving my Swagbucks for Sephora gift cards as a part of my long-term preparations for the 2015 VIB sale!

xo,
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment